Eric's Beer Blog

My online journal for beer (and other drinks) tasting, brewing, tourism, and general musings.

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Paul, Minnesota, United States

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Shallo's in Indy

My boss took Daniela and me to Shallo's Restaurant and Brewhouse, located just outside of Indianapolis, before the John Prine concert (which was amazing).

This is a damned nice place. The food was good. The beer selection was outstanding. Daniela had some Bell's Porter and Young's St. George's English Ale.

I'm having a hard time remembering what I had-- it was a while ago now. I believe I had some sort of IPA, perhaps from Founder's, on draft. Also Arrogant Bastard on draft, a beautiful thing. And I had some Flying Dog Gonzo Porter in a bottle. The Gonzo is a truly lovely beer. It's 9.5% ABV, it's dark and deep and luscious. It's a limited edition. I bought the last big bottle of it that was available in Bloomington (or so the guy at Big Red Liquors told me). It's now available in regular sized bottles, and you'll want to pick some up if you can.

After that, things start to get a bit hazy. But suffice it to say: if you're in the neighborhood, you'll want to go to Shallo's. It's a good place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home